NC Fragile X Bowl-a-Thon
The Xtraordinary Fragile X Bowl-a-Thon is back in 2023 offering loads of family fun and games. Bowlers, start collecting your pledges!
Sunday, July 23, 2023 from 3 to 5 PM
Rainbow Lanes Family Fun Center
850 NC-42, Clayton, NC
In celebration of World Fragile X Day and the NC Fragile X community, the Foundation proudly announces this year’s Xtraordinary Bowl-a-Thon! Here's how to participate:
- Form a team with families and friends to raise funds for the NC Fragile X Foundation – all in celebration of Fragile X Awareness and to compete for the highly coveted, Xtraordinary Bowl-a-Thon championship trophy!
- Bowlers, start collecting your pledges! All pledges collected will support Fragile X Awareness. CLICK HERE FOR A PLEDGE FORM and more detailed information.
- Teams of 4 bowlers will compete for the coveted Top Bowler Trophy. Sign up as individuals or as a Team. Registration starts at 2 pm. Bowling starts at 3 pm.
- Each registration includes a T-shirt. Select sizes during checkout. T-shirts are available in Mens sizes S through 4X, Ladies sizes XS through 4X and Youth sizes XS through XL. Additional shirts are available for purchase for $15 online, $20 at the door.
- Deadline for registration and additional T-shirt orders is July 3rd.
- Be ready to take part in our famous 50/50 raffle!
- WEAR your favorite Fragile X T-shirt.
- Click here to download a flyer to promote the event.
All are welcome - Fragile X families or friends and supporters of Fragile X families. If you don't bowl, please come on out to be a Fan in the Stands! Fans are able to order T-shirts online for $15 each and pick them up at the event, or pay $20 at the door.
If you can't attend and want to DONATE, please use this link: https://ncfragilex.org/donate/
NEW FOR 2023 - A Virtual OPTION
Can’t make it to our event on July 23rd and still want to support the NC Fragile X Foundation? Choose the virtual option and participate at your local bowling alley. Register today, collect your pledges, and bowl 2 games at your local bowling alley on or before July 23rd! Each Registration includes one T-shirt. Select sizes during checkout. T-shirts will be mailed to virtual players.
Save the Date!
Annual 2023 Fragile X Picnic
The Annual Fragile X Picnic has new Family Chairs – Tim Field and his wife, Estela and will be planning the event with over 27 family members!
Saturday, October 7, 2023, 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Lake Mackintosh Park Club House
2704 Huffman Mill Road, Burlington, NC
Tim Field and his wife, Estela have volunteered to be the Family Chairs of the 2023 NC Fragile X Foundation picnic and are planning the event for October 7 at Lake Mackintosh Park in Burlington from 11 AM to 4 PM. After attending last year’s picnic, they and their extended families wanted to get more involved in the Fragile X Community and stepped forward and volunteered to chair this year’s picnic.
“We’re excited to support the foundation and its annual picnic,” Tim said. With over 27 family members working on it, Tim expects there to be lots of fun, games and activities and hopes to give old friends and new families a chance to get together and enjoy a day at the lake.
Thank you Deby: Special thanks to Deby Burgess who chaired the picnic for many years and is now helping Tim and his team plan this year’s Xtraordinary event. Watch for more details to come.
Here are photos from past picnics: